Scrum@Scale™ Foundations Course
The Scrum@Scale Foundations Course is a 4-hour interactive workshop for professionals, at any level, to grasp lean principles and the fundamental concepts of scaling scrum used to facilitate agile transformation. Participants leave the course understanding the key elements in the Scrum@Scale Framework and tool suggestions to apply what they have learned. The course serves as a launching point for Agile leaders to coordinate multiple teams’ product delivery, backlog refinement, sprint planning, and product management.
Why We Created the course:
The interest in the Scrum@Scale Framework is diverse; enterprises across many disciplines, including software, hardware, services, operations, and R&D, are utilizing organizational agility frameworks, such as Scrum@Scale, to scale Scrum across their organization.
After launching our Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner (CSaSP) certification course, student and instructor feedback indicated that organizations focused on Agile Transformation or increasing Agility needed a short, accessible introduction to the Scrum@Scale framework. For this introduction to be effective, it needed to give a standard, yet digestible, introduction to efficiency and Lean principles, and overview the core elements of Scrum@Scale.
Scrum@Scale, LLC created the Foundations Course to align Agile coaches, Agile executives, enterprise leaders, and teams. The course introduces key concepts of the scaling framework, without the additional investment a certification course often requires, and prepares students with essential knowledge if they decide to later become certified in Scrum@Scale.
Ready to take a Scrum@Scale Foundations Course?
- An understanding of Scrum is preferred and beneficial, however a certification is not required to attend the Scrum@Scale Foundations Course.
- Recommended certifications include: Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Master/Certified Scrum Product Owner/Certified Scrum Developer), Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Professional), PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Professional)SAFe Scaled Agilists, and Scrum.org (Professional Scrum Master/Professional Scrum Product Owner/Professional Scrum Developer -1).
Course Modules at a Glance
- Introduction to Organizational Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Empowerment Tools
- The Roots of Scrum@Scale
- Real-World Scenarios: Students discuss agile transformation and implementing the framework from different perspectives within a company.
- The Next Steps: Students take tools from the class that they can immediately put into practice, and learn what additional courses may be beneficial.